Consuming large amounts of vegetables in this food can provide fiber, vitamins and minerals needed by the body. The mint and basil included in it are anti-bloating and anti-inflammation and have no digestive side effects. The radish in it is rich in vitamin C and iodine, and due to the presence of sulfur, it has antiseptic properties. Its tarragon is also appetizing, aromatic, fast-digesting and very useful for the nerves. As you know, the yogurt in this food also supplies calcium and protein to the body and is considered a solution in solving insomnia at night, so in order for your meal to be low-calorie and low-fat, you must use low-fat yogurt.
Raisins are also a good choice for flavoring this dish and are a medicine for children’s growth and an energizer for the elderly. This nutritious fruit is high in energy, low in fat and low in sodium, but even though it is high in sugar and calories, due to being rich in potassium, it is suggestible for patients with high blood pressure.
Benefits of the 3 main ingredients of Abdoogh Khiar
Yogurt is a low-calorie dairy product. 100 grams of sweet yogurt has only 61 calories. Fresh yogurt has more protein, vitamin D, vitamin C, folate, phosphorus and calcium than milk. Yogurt contains healthy bacteria that facilitate the digestion of lactose. Because most of the lactose has been converted to lactic acid, yogurt is easier to digest than milk.
Benefits of cucumber
Cucumber is low in calories but has many important vitamins and minerals. Protein, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium and potassium are among the nutrients found in cucumber. Antioxidants in cucumber prevent free radicals from entering the body and prevent the occurrence of various diseases. Since cucumber is composed of about 96% water, it is very effective in maintaining the body’s lost moisture and can help meet the body’s daily fluid needs.
Benefits of walnuts
Walnuts are an excellent source of manganese and provide 48% of your daily requirement of this mineral. Walnuts are also an excellent source of copper, magnesium and phosphorus. Other nutrients include iron, calcium, zinc, potassium and selenium. Vitamins in walnuts include vitamin B6, folate (vitamin B9) and thiamin (vitamin B1).
How to make simple homemade abdoogh khiar?
Abdoogh Khiar is one of the most delicious and popular Iranian dishes. This delicious dish is very inexpensive and as the name suggests, it is made from a combination of cucumber and buttermilk. One of the best foods in the hot summer weather is homemade abdoogh khiar, which is suitable for quenching thirst and reducing body temperature in the summer season. Abdoogh khiar is a rich source of vitamins, fiber and minerals. Also, due to the use of dairy products, it is a complete source of calcium and protein. It can be said that this food is not only a simple food but also a healthy and nourishing food.
Ingredients for making simple Abdoogh Khiar
The ingredients of abdoogh khiar, as the name suggests, are buttermilk and cucumber, which are flavored with vegetables such as basil, tarragon, and mint, and in some cases, raisins and chopped walnuts are used to make this summer food taste better. The necessary ingredients for making Abdoogh Khiar are:
- Vegetables including basil, mint, oregano, and tarragon, dill, chives, radish
- Damask rose
1. To make simple homemade abdoogh khiar, in the first step, prepare a bowl of suitable size and pour the yogurt into the bowl. Pay attention to the fact that it is better to use strained yogurt to prepare this simple homemade dish. Then, you should use a mixer to mix the yogurt well until it is entirely smooth. Next, add the cream to the bowl and mix it again with a mixer until the ingredients are completely mixed together and take a smooth and uniform shape.
2. In the next step, wash the cucumbers and then cut them into small pieces. If you want, you can also grate them coarsely. Then add it to the bowl.
3. The next step is to add vegetables. To do this, first wash the mint, tarragon, and basil well. Then chop them on the chopping board and add them to the mixture in the bowl. If you want, you can use fresh dill in vegetables. Be careful not to chop the vegetables too much. Their size should be like chopped cucumbers.
4. In the next step, wash the raisins well and put them in a strainer to remove excess water and dry them. Also, chop the walnuts and then add them to the bowl along with the raisins.
read more:(the best traditional Iranian salads)
5. After adding the ingredients to the bowl and realizing that your ingredients are too thick, add some cold water little by little until you reach the desired consistency.
6. At this stage, taste it and adjust the salt. Of course, be careful that salt has been added to some buttermilk, and adding more salt will make the food salty.
7. If you want, use black pepper and damask rose to give this dish a unique flavor. After adding these ingredients, put the dish in the refrigerator for a while so that the food cools down.
8. At the end, decorate the abdoogh khiar with mint, dried oregano, chopped walnuts, dried damask rose and fresh mint leaves.
9. When serving this food, you can put some ice cubes in it to keep your food cool. Be careful not to do this in advance, because when the ice melts, the taste of this food will change and it will become very watery.